Catholicism is central to our mission. For this reason, every school day begins with Mass. We teach theology out of the Bible, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and papal documents. Other important ways we live the faith include annual pilgrimages and retreats, modest and wholesome extracurricular activities, and sacred art and crucifixes adorn the hall and the classrooms.
FAITH IN OUR SCHOOLS
- Each day begins with daily Mass
- Faculty & Staff take Oath of Fidelity to Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- Weekly opportunities for Adoration
- Retreats, Confession, and Spiritual Formation
- Faith incorporated into every subject
- Chaplains or regular visits from priests and religious
Chesterton Academy’s House system is drawn from the 1,000 year-old tradition of Christian education exemplified in the colleges at Oxford and Cambridge. The Houses provide real, tangible community within the larger school, giving students the opportunity to take ownership, fulfill the call to leadership, and to cultivate the ideal conditions for virtue. Each House has two Senior and two Junior prefects, two faculty advisors, and several parent liaisons.
Athletics & Clubs
We are exploring various options for sports teams including basketball, volleyball, golf, tennis, cross country, and swimming. We are also exploring various options for clubs including math, latin, debate, drama, and robotics clubs. More information coming soon.