A Classical High School Grounded in the Catholic Faith
High School with a Higher Purpose
In 2007, Tom Bengtson and Dale Ahlquist co-founded the first Chesterton Academy high school in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Each had young families and were seeking an alternative to the existing high school options available to them. The two men had a simple mission: to offer a classical, integrated high school education that was faithful to the Catholic Church and affordable for families of average means. Looking to G.K. Chesterton as the model for a complete thinker and modern defender of the faith, they named the school Chesterton Academy. Inspired by Pope Saint John Paul II, they took as their motto Cultura Vitae, the culture of life.
Today, there are more than 40 high schools operating as part of the Chesterton Schools Network in the U.S. and Canada including Chesterton Academy of Atlanta.
About the School
A Quick Look
Rooted in Faith
- Daily Mass to start each school day
- Curriculum inspired by G.K. Chesterton’s approach to faith and reason
- Catholic theology integrated into each subject
Leadership & Faculty
- Part of the Chesterton Schools Network founded by Dale Ahlquist and Tom Bengston of Minneapolis
- Run by a board of directors consisting of dedicated clergy, parents, educators, and community leaders.
- Hiring excellent classical teachers from both a local and nationwide search who take the Oath of Fidelity to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church